Aceso Courier does not give, sell, or otherwise distribute the information collected to unaffiliated third parties.
In order to respect the privacy of minors online, Aceso Courier services are not directed to minors, and Aceso Courier does not knowingly collect, maintain or process personally identifiable information from such minors.
This Policy applies to all employees, vendors, and employees of vendors in the service of Aceso Courier. Individual operating companies may not adopt policies inconsistent with this Policy. In the event of conflicts between applicable local laws, rules, or regulations and the Policy, Aceso Courier will work to find a practical solution that reconciles these requirements.
Electronic data containing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) provided by Aceso Courier customers on behalf of third-party package recipients.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Any information relating to an identifiable person.
Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Categories of Personal Information
- Identifiers: Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
- Customer records information: Name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit or debit card number, other financial information, medical information, health insurance information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: Race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age
- Commercial information: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Biometric information: Hair color, eye color, fingerprints, height, retina scans, facial recognition, voice, and other biometric data
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information: Information that is not “publicly available personally identifiable information” as defined in the California Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
De-identified data that cannot reasonably identify a particular consumer or employee does not constitute Personal Information.
Anonymized data such that cannot identify an individual does not constitute Personal Information.
Any operation performed on Personal Information, with or without the use of automated systems, such as to collect, store, organize, retain, archive, record, view, modify, adapt, alter, query, use, retrieve, forward, transmit or combine data. This also includes disposing of, deleting, erasing, destroying, or blocking data. Examples include:
- Storing information in databases
- Viewing information stored on another computer or device
- Transferring information from one device to another
- Transferring information from one database to another
The transportation of physical media (documents, computers, etc.) containing Personal Information does not constitute Processing of that Personal Information.
Personal Information will be collected, recorded, and used in a proper and professional manner, whether the Personal Information is on paper, in computer records, or recorded by any other means.
Aceso Courier is accountable for and must be able to demonstrate compliance with the following principles of data protection.
Aceso Courier does not give, sell, or otherwise distribute the information collected to unaffiliated third parties. We reserve the right, however, to provide such information to our employees, contractors, agents, and designees to the extent necessary to enable them to perform contracted services and certain site-related services (e.g., web hosting, improve site-related services and features, or maintenance services) on our behalf. In addition, we may provide personal information to government agencies as required by law or regulation.
Fair and Lawful: When Processing Personal Information, the rights of the individual related to their Personal Information must be protected. Personal Information must be collected and processed fairly and lawfully.
In order to respect the privacy of minors online, Aceso Courier services are not directed to minors less than sixteen (16) years of age, and Aceso Courier does not knowingly collect, maintain or process personally identifiable information from such minors.
Use of Information: Personal Information can be used or Processed only for the purpose defined at the time of collection and shall not be further used or Processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
Collection Limitation: Aceso Courier only collects Personal Information necessary to meet the specified purpose at the time of collection and only to the extent allowed by local law.
Deletion: Personal Information no longer needed for the purpose specified at the time of collection shall be deleted according to applicable retention schedules unless it is subject to an exception from the Legal Department.
Data Quality: Personal Information should be accurate, and if necessary, kept up to date.
Security Safeguards: Personal Information must be protected using technical, managerial, and physical security measures against the risk of loss or unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Transparency: Individuals must be notified at the time of collection how their Personal Information is being used or Processed. They must be aware of who is collecting the Personal Information, the purpose for the processing of the Personal Information and if third parties will process the Personal Information, that adequate safeguards are in place.
Individual Participation: To the extent required by local law, individuals have a right to access their Personal Information and, where appropriate, to correct or delete it and exercise any other right provided by local law.
Security and Access
Customer Data and Personal Information is classified as confidential. Any unauthorized Processing of such data by employees is prohibited. Any Processing undertaken by an employee that is not part of his or her legitimate duties is prohibited. Employees may have access to Customer Data or Personal Information only as is appropriate for the type and scope of the task in question. This requires the definition and separation, as well as implementation, of roles and responsibilities.
Employees are prohibited from using Customer Data or Personal Information outside of the scope of their employment at Aceso Courier, to disclose it to unauthorized persons, or to make it available in any other way outside the permitted business use. Supervisors must inform their employees at the start of the employment relationship about the obligation to protect Customer Data and Personal Information. This obligation shall remain in force even after employment has ended.
Customer Data and Personal Information must be safeguarded from unauthorized access and unlawful processing or disclosure. This applies regardless of whether data is processed electronically or in paper form.
Employees are expected to follow the Acceptable Use and Data Classification and handling policies. Information Security classifies all data as Confidential/Customer Data, Internal/Private or Public. Depending on its classification, Personal Information must be protected in accordance with the applicable Data Classification and handling standard.
In the event of suspicious activity, suspected cyber attack, suspected security incident, or a possible breach of Customer Data or Personal Information, all Aceso Courier employees must notify Information Security immediately to report the incident.
Communication and Responsibilities
Telecommunications and Internet
Telephone equipment, email addresses, intranet, and Internet, along with internal social networks are provided primarily for work-related assignments. They can be used within the applicable legal regulations and internal policies. In the event of limited acceptable usage for private purposes, the local laws on secrecy of telecommunications and any local telecommunication laws must be observed.
All Employees are responsible for:
- Reading and complying with this Policy and related policies, along with related documents/guidelines that may be developed and maintained to implement the requirements of this Policy.
- Reporting violations of this Policy.
Management is additionally responsible for:
- Ensuring all reporting personnel understand the requirements of this Policy.
- Ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place to protect Customer Data and Personal Information.
- Providing all necessary training and/or guidance to assist with the implementation process, and for monitoring compliance with this Policy.
Compliance with this policy will be verified through various methods, including but not limited to periodic walk-throughs, video monitoring, business tool reports, internal and external audits, and feedback to the policy owner.
This policy will be enforced by the Aceso Courier Executive Team. Violations may result in disciplinary action, which may include suspension, restriction of access, or more severe penalties up to and including termination of employment. Where illegal activities or theft of company property (physical or intellectual) are suspected, the company may report such activities to the applicable authorities.
Aceso Courier may restrict the use of its computers and network systems when presented with evidence of a violation of Aceso Courier policies, or federal or state laws, or when it is necessary to do so to protect Aceso Courier against potential legal liability.
Aceso Courier Privacy Notice for California Consumers
Effective Date: August 30, 2021
Information We May Collect
Our Website may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, the Website may have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, signature, address, telephone number, insurance policy number.||Yes|
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy.
Aceso Courier obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or services we provide you.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website, among other things.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect from you or about you to do one or more of the following:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide support and to respond to, including investigating and addressing your concerns and monitoring and improving our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Share Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for business purposes. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers
- Third parties with whom you direct us to share your Personal Information.
- Data aggregators
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose In the preceding twelve (12) months, Aceso Courier has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for business purposes:
- California Customer Records Personal Information categories
Sales of Personal Information
Aceso Courier does not sell Personal Information.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents who are users of our website to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Aceso Courier does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Privacy Rights for California Minors
California residents aged 16 and over may use the Aceso Courier website and respond to opt-in/opt-out requests as required by the website. California minor residents between the ages of 13 and 16 must provide Aceso Courier with written approval before providing any information to Aceso Courier via this website. California minor residents under the age of 13 must have their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) provide Aceso Courier with written approval before providing any information to Aceso Courier via this website. To provide written approval, please write Aceso Courier at:
ATTN: Legal Department
406 Hillwood Ct.
Mountain View, CA 94040
Changes to Our CCPA Employee Privacy Notice
Aceso Courier reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website or interaction with us through other methods following the posting of changes and/or our directing you to the updated CCPA Privacy Notice constitutes your acknowledgment of such changes.
Phone: (415) 637-7611
ATTN: Privacy Department
406 Hillwood Ct.
Mountain View, CA 94040
Last update: August 2021
This document is intended to explain what cookies are, how we use them, and how you can manage them. When using cookies, we often collect personal data.
To learn more about the personal data we collect with cookies and how we use the personal data, please consult our Privacy Notice. The Privacy Notice will also explain how and why we collect and use your personal data and which rights you can exercise in relation to the processing of your personal data.
ATTN: Human Resources
406 Hillwood Ct.
Mountain View, CA 94040
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files sent to your computer when browsing the website AcesoMC.com. Cookies are most commonly used to track the activity on the site and to hold the information you provide to customize your experience. The cookie is passed back to the server when you return to the site to help the site administrator understand how the site is most frequently used or to provide a customized experience, for example.
Are Cookies Safe?
- Improve customer experience
- Help us obtain information about your visits to our Websites
- Schedule a Pickup
- Change content periodically
- Deliver communications and content specific to your interests
- Remember your preferences
- Understand how the site is used to better understand customer needs
- Understand how many people use the site to ensure efficiency and availability
- Assist in troubleshooting technical issues related to the site
Types of Cookies Used
Aceso Courier uses session, functional, analytical, and tracking cookies.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session. Session cookies allow users to be recognized within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you make is remembered from page to page. These cookies are required for the site to work properly and contain no Personal Information.
Aceso Courier uses other types of cookies to offer the best possible experience based on behavior and use patterns and to help improve performance and site optimization. We track visits to understand how many individual visitors are browsing the site, the number of visits, the pages viewed, the length of time each page is viewed, and the performance experienced during those visits. We gather browser and operating system information as well as IP Addresses with analytical cookies. During optional activities, like Scheduling a Pickup, PI is collected during the session. In this case, items like first and last name, email address, phone number, company name, and reference text are collected.
Allow, Block and/or Delete Cookies
By default, browsers are configured to accept cookies. If you no longer want cookies to be stored on your device you can change the settings in your browser. Each device and browser holds settings so if you have multiple devices or multiple browsers, you will need to change the settings on each device and in each browser.
If cookies are disabled AcesoMC.com will continue to work however some parts of the Websites, such as Scheduling a Pickup, may not work.
Deleting or clearing cookies resets the information stored on your computer that allows sites to recognize you and save preferences. You will need to enter information into sites that were entered automatically for you based on the information stored in the cookie.
Depending on the browser, some cookies can be accepted while others are blocked. Managing cookie settings is a function of the browser, use the help function or search the internet for support in managing cookies for your specific browser.
Questions or Complaints
Updates to This Notice
Aceso Courier may update this Cookie Notice from time to time. If a change will have a serious impact, Aceso Courier will strive to inform you. Aceso Courier will publish an up-to-date Cookie Notice on our Websites at all times, indicating the last update.
California Employee Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) imposes specific obligations on businesses processing the personal information of California residents. According to the CCPA, …., dba Aceso Courier (“Aceso Courier,” “we” or “us”) is required to provide its employees who are California residents (“California Persons”) a notice, used at or before the point of collection of such personal information, that identifies the categories of personal information that may be collected and why Aceso Courier collects such information.
This California Employee Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is intended to provide California Persons with the CCPA required notice.
|Personal Information||Information collected by Aceso Courier about you in the course of employment for employment-related purposes and encompasses any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.|
|Process, Processed, or Processing||Any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal information, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of personal information.|
|“Employee(s),” “You,” “Your”||An identified or identifiable natural person who is a California resident and who is acting as an Aceso Courier job applicant, employee, or contractor. In this context “job applicant” refers to any person who has submitted his or her candidacy with Aceso Courier; “employee” refers to any person who is employed at Aceso Courier as a full-or part-time employee or temporary worker, and “contractor” means a natural person who provides any service to a business according to a written contract.|
Personal Information We Collect About You
Listed below are the categories of personal information that Aceso Courier may process about employees:
- Identifiers, including real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifiers, email, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. In this context, a “unique personal identifier” means a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize an employee, or a device that is linked to an employee, over time and across different services, including, but not limited to, a device identifier; an Internet Protocol address; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, or similar technology; unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law, including the following: race, skin color, national origin, religion (includes religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (such as genetic characteristics, cancer or a record or history of cancer), disability (such as mental and physical including HIV/AIDS, or cancer), military or veteran status, request for family care leave, request for leave for an employee’s own serious health condition, request for pregnancy disability leave, and age.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, including browsing history, search history, application access location and information regarding an employee’s interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement, time and geolocation data related to use of an internet website, application or physical access to an office location.
- Professional or Employment-related Information, including job-related data, maintained as part of the employment relationship that is present in: a job application or resume; an employment contract; a contractor agreement; a performance review; a disciplinary record; photos; biometric data, including imagery of your fingerprint, face, and voice recordings; information from employee expenses; browsing and search history; payroll and benefits related data; internal and external contact information; or information captured from video, audio, systems, or other forms of monitoring or surveillance.
- Education Information, including information about an employee’s educational background, such as education records, report cards, and transcripts that is not publicly available.
- Inferences, including any information drawn from any of the personal information categories referenced above to create a profile about an employee reflecting the employee’s characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
Aceso Courier collects the personal information identified in the section above for the reasons listed below.
|Recruitment||Gather required information to assess employment and conduct employment-related background screening and checks.|
|Benefits Administration||Medical, dental, optical, commuter, and retirement benefits, including recording and processing eligibility of dependents, absence and leave monitoring, insurance, and accident management, and provision of online total reward information and statements.|
|Payroll and Expense Reimbursement||Salary administration, payroll management, payment of expenses, to administer other compensation-related payments, including assigning amounts of bonus payments to individuals, administration of departmental bonus pools, and administration of stock option payments.|
|Performance Reviews||Performance appraisals, career planning, skills monitoring, job moves, promotions, and staff re-structuring.|
|Monitor Work-Related Licenses and Credentials||Provisioning software licenses for use in the course of an employee’s work-related responsibilities, ensuring compliance, training, examination and other requirements are met with applicable regulatory bodies.|
|Human Resources Management Services||Employee data maintenance and support services, administration of separation of employment, approvals and authorization procedures, administration and handling of employee claims, and travel administration.|
|Maintain Contact Information||Managing your details across relevant entities within Aceso Courier (for example personal, other employment, and transferring roles).|
|Emergency Assistance||Maintenance of contact details for you, and your dependents in case of personal or business emergency.|
|Work Eligibility||Monitoring and ensuring compliance of employees’ ability to work in the U.S.|
|Healthcare Related Services||Pre-employment and employment-related medical screenings for return to work processes and medical case management needs; determining medical suitability for particular tasks; identifying health needs of employees to plan and provide appropriate services, including operation of sickness policies and procedures; and providing guidance on fitness for travel and fitness for expatriation.|
|Safe and Efficient Work Environment||Aceso Courier actions relating to disciplinary actions, and code of conduct processes and investigations.|
|Security of Aceso Courier Web Sites and Internet-Connected Assets||Hosting and maintenance of computer systems and infrastructure; management of Aceso Courier software and hardware computer assets; systems testing, such as the development of new systems and end-user testing of computer systems; training; and monitoring email and Internet access.|
|Compliance with Applicable Law or Regulatory Requirements||Legal (local, state, and federal) and internal company reporting obligations, including headcount, management information, demographic and Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental reporting.|
Changes to Our CCPA Employee Privacy Notice
Aceso Courier reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s Effective Date above. Upon your next visit, once the change has been posted, you will be redirected to the Privacy Notice and asked to review and confirm it. Your continued use of our Website or interaction with us through other methods following the posting of changes and/or our emailing or otherwise directing you to the updated CCPA Privacy Notice constitutes your acknowledgment of such changes.
ATTN: Human Resources
406 Hillwood Ct.
Mountain View, CA 94040